Thursday, July 23, 2009

2nd Cervical Cancer prevention symposium

I received an invitation to attend another symposium on Cervarix, which is on 29 July held at Le Meridien Hotel. The presenter was  Professor Peter Leslie Stern, who is a Head of Cancer Research UK, Paterson Institute for Cancer Research, University of Manchester Based at the Christie Hospital.
He will speak on "Targeting a challenging virus." It should be an interesting talk judging from the Curriculum vitae.
I have prepared a list of questions which i m eager to ask.
The second speaker was Dr Goh Choo Beng, who graduated from the medical faculty of the National University of Singapore in 1994. He obtained his specialization training in Radiology Oncology at the Singapore General Hospital, and National Cancer Centre Singapore. His resume is impression and i can't type them all here.........I'll go straight to the point. He joined GSK in May 2007 as part of the Asia Pacific HPV vaccine Medical Affairs/Clinical R&D team and presently manages the medical affairs for the GSK adult and adolescent vaccine franchise in Asia Pacific.
As before, I think I'll skip the dinner and head for home just right after the Q & A sessions.
I hope I will enjoy this talk as much as did on the first one.

No comments:

Post a Comment