Saturday, September 25, 2010

Don't be shy for Pap Smears if done by Male doctors.

In view at the fact that Pap Smear has saved million of lives worldwide, to my personal opinion, one shouldn't feel shy about getting your Pap Smear done by a male doctor.
In Klinik Wan & Keluarga, we conduct Pap Smear by using the Thin Prep Pap Smear only, as conventional Pap Smears yield a significant number of false negative in it's result due to poor sampling collection and deposition of samples onto the slides.
In case if you are shy about the doctors being a male, and that the examination seemed "violating", well, to the doctor who sees both the male and female genitalia day in and out, it's nothing sexual.
Personally, its no difference from looking beneath the hood of my car to see what's wrong with it.
Seriously! I am not trying to be funny here. I am genuinely concern for your well being because you meant a lot to someone, either your parents, boyfriends, husbands,children, and my aunt was to my uncle. And I see the trauma that my uncle bears up til today, though it's been seven months since her passing due to pancreatic cancer.
Normal price for Thin Prep Pap Smear is RM90, but at Klinik Wan & Keluarga, we charge at only RM60, believing that access to proper health care it a basic human right.
Don't take chances.. Talk to your doctor today.

No comments:

Post a Comment